Friday, August 20, 2010

I am very excited to find that indeed my nephew David Andersen is in possession of some precious family heirlooms, particularly important, the historical Conover Family Bible and also one of the Lowe family. He also has some pictures. We plan to meet next week. I will then be busy scanning these pictures probably 'till Christmas, if I recall how many there are. These were mostly the Lowe's, my great grandfather's family,  I believe. We'll see as my brother Chuck took some of these pictures back to San Jose with him about 20 years ago. We may not be able to ID the remaining ones, but I am excited to get them. I spent several hours today scanning other items, newsclippings, memorial cards, etc, relating to various sides of my family. Some have been added to the Rose page and others are coming for both that page and the Conover page.  So keep checking in if you're interested. Some really fun stuff in there!

Yesterday, I lunched at the Eden Ave. Grill where there are several old pictures on the walls, many of our Conover family. We were seated by the owner and I asked him if it would be possible to borrow them to make copies. He said he would, except that the frames were attached to the walls like iron. They may have been epoxied and he had a heck of a time removing some of them for repairs at some time. I will have to contact my cousin, Patty or my Aunt Janet regarding these. I hoped not to have to bother them to dig them up again, but alas, I guess I will. It will be great fun. We always say we have to keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment