Monday, August 16, 2010

Hot August Days

Hi Everyone,

Since it's been so blasted hot here or raining lately, I've spent the better part of the last week going to town on the Rose geneology page, nary going outside to check on the garden. But oh, the tomatoes are yummy. I hadn't had any homegrown ones for a few years. Can anyone tell me when I dig up my sweet pataters? The pole beans are tall, taller, taller, oops, fell down and wrapped around the trellis somemore...but where are the beans?

Anyway,  If you look at the Rose genealogy now, you'll see some unfinished notes, to myself, and some blanks____ and ???. I am working long distance with Chuck to fill in these areas. I have to get some pictures I have scanned in and get some from Chuck and my nephew, David, who says he has some too! I also need to either contact my Aunt Janet for copies of some great pictures she provided for a restaurant near my home of my Conover family. My cousin, Patty used to work there and decorated the Eden Avenue Grill with neat old black and whites of her mom & dad and my grandparents. We don't have any of those. When my mother passed away, I gave my uncles back their pictures along with some other great stuff. Too bad we didn't have scanners then!

Well, tomorrow is another day. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment