Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome to My First Blog!

Hello Friends!

I guess it's time to get with it in the Blogosphere. Since I don't as yet have an official website for my line of jewelry, named of course, Spoons To The Moon --Jewelry Designs by Terri Berg . Here I hope I can connect with other enthusiasts of handmade crafts, jewellery addicts, and especially those who like "green" artforms. I didn't start out easy..I had never opened or closed a jump ring before I started making my jewelry out of silver plated spoons. I'm still trepidatious about those jump rings. My stuff is pretty heavy weight and strength is absolutely necessary! Ease of putting on jewelery, especially for us arthritics or just as we get older is a design nightmare/concern of mine.


Problem solving: I am slowing getting the hang of working with metal, silver, soldering and bending, beading and Patience! It takes alot of that! (Note) Be careful what you pray for, God does answer prayers and patience is always at the top of this girl's list! He's providing me with lots of opportunities to learn this characteristic! I've heard other jewelers say that too, so I guess I'm in good company.

So, I hope we'l l have lots of fun here. I am sincerely looking to connect with other creatives and their businesses, too. Maybe we can share orders too. I mean do I really need 5 lbs of borax or 144 doodads all at once? You can sure get alot of money tied up in this biz--cause it's all so yummy! I'd rather look at a bowl of pretty beads than M & M's... well, sometimes. It keeps me slimmer though :-).

Other Interests/Hobbies

I also have a love for photography, gardening and my dog, Meggie - a lovable, 6 year old Old English Sheepdog/lab mix. She's so adorable and funny and smart and...well, my kids are grown up so I have to have a little one in the house to brag about. " Little"? , any of you who know her will say. All 75lbs of her!

My two children, Angie and Roger have also blessed me with 3 grandkids, whom I adore. You may see things from time to time about them too. I also have several wonderful step-grandkids and even great grandkids. I don't like the term step, but folks always get this weird look on their face when I say I'm a great grandma. (I was the youngest grandma on my honeymoon cruise :-) .

Gardening is another passion of mine! Oh my aching back! So welcome to my garden pages! I always need advice of some sort and I think I have shared a little along the way. Those will be the "dirty pages". While you're here, pick a weed would ya?

Geneology anyone? There may be a huge page on that. My brother, Charlie, of San Jose has been working his tail off for about 20 years on our families. He took off from a 3 page geneology project I did in 10th grade in Bloomington, MN. If you are a Rose of german descent/Conover/Van Couwenhoven, Lowe, Woodard or Secor, Welcome!

Well, that about sums up my ideas for now. Please let me know how you are doing and if you have tips to share, links to your blogs to share with me and all visitors. I'll need some help with this project too! Let's Dish!

Hugs!
Terri
Chief Disher and Spoon Washer

No comments:

Post a Comment